Homemade My Red Velvet

Halu  halu halu…………….. missed me?? * hmmm perasan la pulak minah sorang nie kan.. Anyway kembali bersiaran .. fuhh fuhh fuhh buang habuk2 nie dah lama x mengadap blog I nie.. I’m lil bit busy with my job.. lots and lots of outstation nowadays…Come I nak share kan resepi masakan I nie.. sebenarnya dah 2 minggu buat baru hari nie mampu untuk meng uplod gambo dalam nie.
The recipe is from Martha Stewart Wedding

Actually, this is my first try or Red Velvet. Almost everybody from cooking blogs is baking this lovely “Lady Red Velvet “.Day pass by and here the lady.. At first attempt, this is what happening:
Whether I mis-read the sentences or the recipe itself has the typo error where the temperature should be read as 250 degree FARENHEIT instead of 250 degree ________.So, without hesitation and confidently I set my little oven temperature to 200 degree Celsius. After the batter has been pour into the baking pan. I move the pan into the oven. 30 minutes cooking. …..  I’m so nervous to see the results…  TARAAAAAAA…… my cake became a Red Velvet “Volcano”… why…. Why.. why…. My mind is hardly thinking of the causes. Oh now only I re-read the recipe. It didn’t mention whether the temperature is in Farenheit or Celcius.
*Moral of the story here is always and always read and understands details and the important figure in recipe. Make a lil study on what are you doing (don’t be like me... just browse twice and eagerly start mixing the ingredients) – even the most famous Celebrity chef made mistake OK.. J

And my 2nd attempt for this Lady Red Velvet is last 2 weeks. Alhamdulillah.. it turns out fine…

Recipe as below:
Makes 5 cups batter
·         Unsalted butter, softened, for pans
·         2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
·         2 1/2 cups cake flour, not self-rising
·         1 teaspoon salt
·         1 1/2 cups sugar
·         1 1/2 cups canola oil
·         2 large eggs
·         2 tablespoons red food coloring
·         1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
·         1 cup low-fat buttermilk
·         1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
·         2 teaspoons white vinegar
Batter for each 3-inch-deep pan: 4-inch, 1 1/2 cups; 6-inch, 3 1/2 cups; 9-inch, 5 cups; 12-inch, 8 cups; 15-inch, 12 cups
Directions
1.        Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter pans; line with parchment paper. Butter lining; dust with cocoa, tapping out excess. Set aside. Whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa in a medium bowl; set aside.
2.        Mix sugar and oil on medium speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk until combined. Add eggs one at a time; mix well after each addition. Mix in food coloring and vanilla. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with flour, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
3.        Stir together baking soda and vinegar in a small bowl. Add baking-soda mixture to batter, and mix on medium speed 10 seconds. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pans on wire racks.


Read more at Marthastewartweddings.com: Red Velvet Cake 












Comments

Chybee said…
teringin nk buat jugak tp malas. hahaha...nmpk cntik je kek ni. merah menyala. heee
Rohani Hashim said…
waaa cayalah!!!nak;)
Fiza Amran said…
chybee: sedap.. mcm moist cake cuma bezanya warna merah

hany : meh la amik

Popular Posts